The College of Athens is pleased to partner with your high school to offer affordable dual credit for your advanced high school courses across all subjects (e.g., mathematics, science, languages, humanities, etc.) Students benefit by receiving affordable college credits while in high school that prepare them to stand tall in a solid biblical worldview for life. Teachers benefit from being part of a professional community of practice that strives towards excellence across the curriculum. The minimum qualifications for participation in the CoA Dual Credit Institute are:
Follow the steps below to enroll your institution and your instructors into the Dual Credit Institute.
1. A school administrator enrolls the high school, providing the name of the administrator as well as the name of the school registrar responsible for entering students’ grades. (The Registrar may NOT be a dual credit instructor). Click here to enroll your high school. Contact email@example.com if your school does not have an AI Code. See User Guide for School Administators.
2. As soon as the school has registered, individual instructors may apply to qualify as a dual credit instructor. Instructors click here to complete the instructor qualifications.
3. Once an instructor is approved, he or she will be asked to: a) complete a brief tutorial on how to create a syllabus for the course(s) presented for dual credit; and b) submit the syllabus to College of Athens for approval.
4. After syllabus review and approval, the course and the instructor will be added to the school’s dual credit home page on www.dualcreditatacmin.org.
5. Students may register for approved courses. Registration deadlines are October 15th and February 1st for schools on a traditional school calendar. Schools with more unique school calendars may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for their student registration deadlines. Registration requires that students first enroll as a dual credit student and subsequently register for their desired courses. See below.
Note: If instructors at your school are looking to complete a Master’s program in Christian Education, CoA offers an accredited curriculum designed to enhance instruction in any subject area.
Note: It is highly recommended that instructors and their courses be approved 14 days prior to the student enrollment deadlines in order to allow students sufficient time to register for dual credit.
Simple Steps For Student Dual Enrollment: